Wednesday 25 December 2013

Merry Christmas to all!!

It's Christmas morning!! Was Santa good to you? He bought us new socks, which, while not as thrilling as a new TV or bike, is exactly what we need. We don't have to be anywhere today, having chosen not to see either of our families rather than choosing one over the other like we have for the last few years. We're off to lunch in a bit, booked a table at the local bistro for their Christmas lunch. I wanted to do SOMETHING today to make it a bit special, and this sounded like a nice option.

We had dinner with Dave's parents and sister the other night - his sister has been in Africa on mission for the last two years so we hadn't seen her at all. She's come home to raise some money to fund her stay for the next three years, as well as to attend our wedding. My brother has also come home after 2.5 years away in the UK and Canada, and we had dinner with him the night before that. It's lovely to catch up with family who we haven't seen for ages and have it be normal. I made sure that Craig (my brother) met Dave before he left, even though we'd only been together for two weeks I just knew they had to meet. It sounds silly, but I wanted the approval of my 3 brothers as well as my parents for the man I was going to spend my life with. They've all been so protective of me and my heart for my entire life, and it means a lot to me that they 'approve' of Dave.

It's less than a week to the big day, and I'm a combination of excited, stressed, nervous, happy... I'm sure these are all feelings that every bride goes through. It's not the getting married that's stressful, it's all the little details that no-one thinks about or cares about and don't really matter, but do really matter.... ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!

And now it's 3 hours later and the lunch has been had. It was a delicious, 4 course lunch with everything a girl could ask for. I'm sure I've put on two kilos just from that lunch, and the 5 minute walk each way to the pub will have done nothing to counteract any of it. It's been two weeks since I last blogged, and the scale has gone in the wrong direction since then. I've been having a wonderful time eating whatever I want, whenever I want, pretending that I can do that every day. I've been exercising hard each day, flogging myself just to get rid of the excess calories that I mindlessly consume. If only I didn't mindlessly eat, the hard hours in the gym would be getting rid of the actual fat in my body, instead of the sugar rushing around my veins.

When will I wake up? When will it click?

No comments:

Post a Comment