Wednesday 11 April 2012

The Easter Fallout

I'm sure I've mentioned that I'm struggling at the moment... but Easter went pretty well! I didn't eat nearly as much chocolate on the day as I usually would - I made sure that I only ate a couple of small chockies off the heavily laden table for my dessert. Mum had made up a little Easter basket for me seeing as I mentioned that I was trying not to eat too much - and I ate most of it on Monday and the rest yesterday.

Dave made up a big batch of brownies (mmm delicious but oh so much butter and chocolate in them....) and I haven't eaten many of those - in fact I'm taking the rest of them to work tomorrrow so that I'm not tempted to eat the rest on my own. They're pretty tasty but terribly rich so I don't think I could eat too many at once.

I've joined a challenge on MyFitnessPal run by one of my oldest friends on there. It starts on Friday and runs for 11 weeks so I'm hoping I don't get eliminated too early and it gives me a kickstart to finish this job of losing weight. It has all sorts of food-related and exercise-related challenges so isn't only weight focused, but is also fitness focused. I need to get back into enjoying my exercise more often than I enjoy my food!

I weighed in this morning at 108.1kg - about 3kg up on my lowest weight so far. It's a big enough gain to make me stop and think about where I want to be. I don't want to go back to where I was. I want to keep going in the downward direction, and right now I don't really care how long it takes me to get there, I just know that I can't stop trying. This isn't going to be anywhere near as easy as it was at the start, but it's easier than being huge and always worrying if I'll fit somewhere. I've got a couple of things coming up - my birthday is in May and then I have a trip away in July - so I have some small goals to reach by then.

All I can say is... I WILL BE LESS THAN 90KG BY 31 DEC 2012. There is no doubt about that.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right we can't stop trying and it sounds like you have the right attitude, good luck on the challenge you have join and I can't wait to see you pics in December xox

    ReplyDelete