Sunday 1 April 2012

Run for the Kids

Today, I did Run for the Kids - a 5.2km fun run to raise money for the Royal Children's Hospital, in Melbourne. The Good Friday Appeal is a telethon that is run in Vic each year on Good Friday to raise money for this hospital, so the entry fees and such go towards the Appeal.

I haven't really had anything to do with the Children's - having never been sick myself, and my brothers were all healthy too. Late last year, my cousin had a beautiful baby girl who was born with a rare condition affecting her chin, and also some other stuff to do with her hips. She's been in and out of the hospital her whole short life, and is thankfully doing really really well.

I didn't even think about it when I signed up, and this morning, after I posted about my success on my Facebook, my cousin commented and thanked me for my support. We just don't think about how little things affect other people...

PS I ran/walked the 5.2km in  45:38 (not the official time... that is released on Tuesday) which I was really proud of. I had a goal of under 45 mins, and probably would have reached that had there been less people to negotiate.

No comments:

Post a Comment