Saturday 24 August 2013

The last 10 days... It's been 10 days?

I can't believe it's been 10 days since I last posted. What's happened in the last 10 days? Not a lot, to be honest. I've been trying to get my 10,000 steps each day, and have been quite successful. On average, I'm over the 10,000 with a couple of 12-15,000 days thrown in to balance out the quiet days.

I'm back in my old job, which means less stress, and less commitment. It also means less work, which is very boring now that I'm back. I have dropped many a hint to my superiors about how much I loved the work I was doing, and how I am very willing to do whatever it takes to secure a position (or even casual tasks) that would involve me using my brain for more than 20 minutes each day. I may have even used those words, so less of a hint and more of a plea... but hopefully it'll resonate with someone, and they'll take pity on me and give me some cool shit to do.

Anyway, I've realised that I am kind of wasting my time there, but I feel like I can't resign due to the wedding/honeymoon extravaganza and the impending baby boom not being friendly to a prospective employer. I can stick it out for a year or so, if I know there is light at the end of the tunnel (babies!!) and the possibility of a few less mind-numbing tasks in the meantime.

Health-wise, I'm turning over a new page. We bought a new set of scales, I'm weighing in on Monday. I'm switching my weigh-in day from Wednesday to Monday (because I LOVE to use the weekend as an excuse that I have two days left before weigh-in and any damage caused can be undone or made up for in two days) and have made a rash commitment at work to not buy my lunch AT ALL during the months of September and October, beginning Monday. There's a bonus week of August thrown in there, but I couldn't let myself get away with lunch out every day next week. My weight has been slowly creeping up for the past month or so, only a few hundred grams at a time... but those few hundred grams add up to kilos in no time.

I've been loving my walks along the beachfront near work each morning, P!nk blaring in my ears, wind blowing in my face, smiling at all the fit people jogging along and trying not to look scared of the dogs that are being walked along the same path. The plan for the next few weeks is to continue walking along the beach (6.5kms, just over an hour) every morning, and then hit the gym in the evenings a couple of times a week. Coming into spring and summer the days will be longer, and I'll be able to walk around the streets here again at night which I'm looking forward to. It's very easy to press the stop button on the treadmill, but not so easy to stop walking on the street. I mean, I could stop, but I'd be no closer to home and I'd be sitting in the gutter...

... and we don't want to be sitting in the gutter now, do we?


No comments:

Post a Comment