Wednesday 18 September 2013

Another week goes by in Steptember!

It's been a week between posts AGAIN. I'm afraid there's not much to report. I'm yet to miss a day of 10,000 steps, which makes 17/18 days that I've reached my target. I've also been over my calories by at least 500 most days. Sad face.

I have lost a little bit of weight in September, and that is purely a fluke, I believe. My diet is not great. It's getting better, but I'm still over by way too much every day. There are now only 15 weeks until the wedding, 11 weeks until the first dress fitting. I need to lose 10kg by then to hit my under 100kg goal, and the only thing that is going to get me there is determination, and more of a calorie deficit. I'm not willing to compromise on the food, so that means I have to do extra exercise. It's the only way. My step goal for October will be 12,000 steps a day.

Choctober is off. It's impossible. It's unrealistic. I will never do it. Why make a goal that I'm sure to fail? To make myself feel like shit for not succeeding? Fuck that. But I do have a deadline to have my waist a certain measurement by November 30 to fit into my dress. It's not unreachable, but it hasn't moved in the 3 months since I ordered my dress, so something has to be done. I'm thinking of borrowing from the 5:2 'diet' and having a couple of fast days (no more than 2 per week). Fasting is not 'fasting' in the true sense of the word - this 'diet' asks that you consume up to 500 calories on your fast days, and then spread your calories (so mine would be 1000 per day of fasting) over the other five days. I won't be doing that.

I'm going to trial ONE fast day per week, only eating a LnE dinner (roughly 400 calories). I won't spread out the extra calories over the other days. I don't want to have to resort to meal replacement shakes for the whole of November, but I may have to if I can't get myself under control.

1 comment:

  1. I find it a challenge to get to 10k steps every day even with going to the gym, so I reckon you're going great guns! I hope the 5:2 diet idea thingy works for you - meal replacement shakes are THE PITS :-/ Sending good vibes your way xx

    ReplyDelete