Wednesday 11 September 2013

Steptember 11

It's September 11. 12 years to the day since America was attacked and the world changed. 12 years since I realised that shit happens, arseholes cause it, and I have no control over any of it.

And today, I realised I have control over me. No-one holds a gun to my head and tells me to eat 4 chocolate bars in a day. But I did that today. Me. Myself. I chose to eat them. I chose to walk into Coles, to buy them, to wait all day with them in my bag, and to eat them on the way home from work. I don't know how I'm going to change. I need some help, but I don't know where to go to get it.

I'm so awesome at getting my steps in. Yesterday, I took Dave for a procedure and had to wait an hour for him to come out. Instead of sitting there, I walked. Around and around until he was ready. I've hit my 10,000 every day (except this Saturday) this month. 10 times. And I've gone over my calories EVERY SINGLE DAY THIS MONTH. What the hell?

No comments:

Post a Comment