Wednesday 19 June 2013

Just because you miss one session, doesn't mean...

... you have to quit!

Last night, Dave and I went to the gym. Date night! Haha - he joined on the weekend and we went together. I showed him how to use the treadmill, and we went for it.

Now last week, I did 0 gym sessions. No cardio, no weights, no stretching. I debated whether to go back and do Week 5 of the exercise program, or to continue on to Week 6. Week 5 running intervals were 2:30 running and 2:00 walking, Week 6 were 3:00 running, 2:00 walking. Fuck it. I'll just do Week 6.

And I did. 6 times through, 30 minutes. Dave even got on board on one interval and we ran together for 3 minutes. It felt good. I know I've always had his support, but it was nice to have him running and walking next to me. It was also nice that I burned 150 more calories than he did, and went 1km further just because I ran more often. I AM FIT. I am getting better at breathing. My legs are stronger.

When we were done I made him do stretches with me and we giggled together because he is NOT flexible at all, and kept falling over. He commented that now he knows why I come home all red and sweaty from the gym - I actually do what I say and work my butt off for the time that I'm there. A part of me thinks he thought I was pretending to go, or just strolling along on the treadmill for a few minutes. It's good to show him that I have been working hard.

Weights session tonight!

One week off doesn't have to spell the end. It's only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment