Friday 11 January 2013

A little ray of sunshine..

My posts have been focusing on the negative recently, so today I'm going to post about some positives. Some 'little rays of sunshine' that I have noticed. This road isn't always about sunshine and lollipops, but sometimes we do need to stop and realise that we HAVE changed, and that our habits are getting better.

Here's some stuff I have done well this week:
-Walked in my 15 minute breaks (x2) each day. My co-worker who I hang out with on break has recently quit smoking. What does one do on a short break when you would usually hang out the back with the smokers? Why, I think we should walk up and down the street! So we do. We just stroll along for 15 minutes, up and down our street, enjoying the sunshine and having a chat. It's working wonders on my Fitbit step count and most days I'm getting to my target WITHOUT having to go for a 2 hour walk.

-Skipped dessert 3 nights. That's a big deal. I ALWAYS need something (not need... want) sweet after a meal, so I'm trying not to. My nightly icecream is worth about 300 calories - most of the time I don't have them to spare and have realised that dessert is an 'occasional' meal, not an every day thing.

-Walked purposefully most days. Either in the morning, or at night, I have walked a minimum of 4km every day this week. I am training for a 50km walk in 7 weeks, so really need to be doing this, but I am walking in addition to our group training plan (it's a group walk) and really enjoying it. I've discovered new areas, new estates, new houses to look at. I've done beach walks twice in the morning, and a few walks around the neighbourhood at night.

-Had something sweet and didn't devour the whole thing in one sitting. Yes, I ate more than I should have, but it's a pretty rare thing for me to open a packet of -whatever- and not eat the whole thing. I'm proud of myself for that.

A friend of mine posts in a Facebook group every week:
'What have you done this week that you are proud of, thankful for, and want to improve next week?'

This week I am proud of myself for getting back on the horse. I'm thankful to my support network (even though they may not be aware of it!) who constantly push me and believe in me. Next week, I'd love to improve on my food - which will either be a disaster, or bloody amazing because..

...I'M ON HOLIDAYS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment