Wednesday 30 January 2013

Well I would walk 500 miles..

.. and I would walk 500 more
Just to be the girl who walks a thousand miles
To fall down at your door!

Well, I didn't walk 500 miles, or a thousand miles, but today I walked 16km. That's 10 miles, so I've only got 990 to go!

I met one of the Coastrekkers, Katie, at her Parkville house this morning at 7am. We walked to work which was roughly 7km. I thought that was a pretty good effort and luckily my workplace has showers so I showered and changed and got myself into my workday. I'd left clothes, toiletries and a towel there the day before - for once I planned and succeeded! Thanks Mish! No excuses!

At about 5pm, I got an instant chat message from Katie that she was ready to go, so we headed back to the lockers and got changed back into our workout clothes. They were lovely and sweaty, still damp from the morning's efforts. Yum. Turns out the ventilation slots in the lockers aren't that great and next time we'll pack a spare set of workout clothes to avoid the grossness that is 8hr old sweat.

We got back to walking home - and Katie drops a bombshell. We 'took the shortcut' this morning and we've gotta take the 'long way' home tonight. It was a lovely afternoon, a balmy 25 degrees. We wandered along the trail, past some of Melbourne's highlights. It was truly beautiful! 90 minutes later we trudged up the slight hill to my car and said goodbye.

I got home and checked my Fitbit to discover I'm now 400 steps short of my next badge - the 25,000 steps badge. So I'll just pop up off the couch and jog on the spot until it ticks over...

...Ok I'm done. Took a little longer than I thought because I could hardly move! But I did it. 25,000 steps in a day. My little toe is just one big blister, my calves and the front of my legs are aching. I probably won't be able to walk very well tomorrow. But right now, I don't care. I feel such a sense of accomplishment. I achieved something today. And I'll achieve something tomorrow. I don't know what that will be, but it'll be something.

Celebrate the milestones, no matter how small they are.

1 comment:

  1. Well done...
    Hope your blisters and aches go soon tho xx

    www.kikiandlalainwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete