Thursday 9 February 2012

Hit the C25K wall...

I'm up to W5D3 of the C25K... the dreaded 20 minute no break run. I've attempted it for the last 3 nights, and I just can't do it. I have a mental block in my head that I can't do it. I know that it is definitely my mind stopping me, and all these excuses flood my head as soon as I get to the 5 minute mark and then I struggle. I struggle between pushing the stop button and keeping on running. The most I've made it to is 9:30, and that was the first attempt. The other two times (tonight and last night) I have shut it off when I hit the 5 minute mark.

I've decided to give it a break, but only for a week. I'm going to start fresh next Wednesday - start the whole week again (W5) and do it Wednesday, Friday, Sunday. Sunday will be the 20 minute run. I know that I can do it, but part of me always finds a way not to. I'd love to say that I fail at everything, so it only makes sense to fail at this too, but it's not the case. The only times I fail are the times when I tell myself that I can't do something. My mind defeats me. I need to get my confidence back.

I'm hoping that the break (continuing to do intervals on the tready this week) will give my muscles time to recuperate, and for me to talk myself back into this. I need to be at the gym by myself, get a playlist together, and JFDI!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment