Saturday 11 February 2012

A plus and a minus today..

Let's start on a positive note!

Helga's have bought out a new product - sandwich thins. I have heard so much about these goodies from my US friends on MFP, and they have finally arrived in Australia. I gave them a go this past week for breakfasts - spread a little cream cheese and a couple of slices of deli chicken, squished in the sandwich press. Yummo! Then some genius suggested using them as pizza bases... Well, my eyes (and my stomach) lit up at the thought. I friggin LOVE pizza. I whipped up a batch this afternoon:

Makes 12 pizzas
126 calories each

6 pairs of sandwich thins (I used wholemeal)
3 eggs
150g grated tasty cheese
1 onion, diced
1 green capsicum, diced
1 red capsicum, diced
75g mushrooms, diced
1/3 cup Ardmona Pizza Sauce

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Separate thins so that you have 12 pizzas, and place them on a couple of baking paper lined trays. Spread the sauce on the sandwich thins. Combine all other ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Top each thin with 1/12th of the mixture. Bake for approx 15 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned.

These can be frozen, so I froze half and will be taking the other half to work for breakfasts this week.

I thought I had bacon bits in my freezer, but I obviously threw them out in the big kitchen cleanout that was task #4 of the 12WBT preseason. I'm sure it would be lovely with bacon bits or ham involved, or even some shredded chicken breast. You can basically put anything in the mixture - pineapple, prawns, olives, tomato. I just used what I had in the fridge!

And now the negative for the day... When I popped to the shops to buy more thins (I only had 6 bases and had heaps of mixture left), I made the mistake of wandering to the chocky aisle where I picked up a block of Black Forest Dairy Milk. I ate the entire thing in the 15 minutes it took for the pizzas to cook. I'm actually disgusted with myself. I did, however, write it straight in my food diary, and as soon as the pizzas were done I threw on my exercise clothes and did the 12WBT fitness test (1km run/walk, wall sit, push-ups for 1 min, sit and reach, and ab test) and then went for a 16km bike ride. I've only burned 550 of the 1016 calories of chocolate that I ate, but I've burned SOME, AND written them in my diary. I am not going to lie to myself any longer.

I plan on heading to the gym in the morning for a 2 hour session as I'll be off to the boyfriend's for dinner and a movie (our 6 month anniversary) and I do NOT want it to ruin my very first official weigh-in. It's also Valentine's Day on Tuesday so I'll probably be having a special dinner then too. I am having it at my place though, and the boy knows that gym definitely comes first when we get home. Then we can play all we like :)

No comments:

Post a Comment