Wednesday 1 February 2012

Wednesday Weigh Day

OMG I am ecstatic!!! 108.4 was staring back at me this morning. I have worked HARD this week, but I have also had a few oopsies (Friday night drinks/KFC, and a little chocolate here and there). I knew there would be a loss, but I really thought it would be minimal. Like 100grams. NOT 1.7 KILOGRAMS.

I cant get complacent, there are still 48 weeks in the year of me - and I want to see 70 on the scale by Christmas. It's a tough ask - but if I can keep up this level of intensity and knock more off earlier, those last few kgs that always go slow will have the right time to work their way off me.

I actually have tears running down my face. I don't know when I last weighed under 110kg. I know when I moved out of my bedroom into the converted garage at my parent's house I was around 110kg, and that was almost 10 years ago. I lost about 4-5 kilos before I gave up. I remember getting teased in Grade 6 for being 41kg (heaviest in the class), but I don't remember doing anything about it then. I shouldn't have had to do anything about it then - I was only 11!!

The other day I was transferring all of my old calisthenics photos into new albums. We get professional photos taken every year, in around October, and Mum always got me a copy of all of them. I was trying to work out exactly when I got fat, but it really was a gradual thing - each year I just got a little bigger. Well... this year's photos are going to be amazing! I'm going to push myself to the front of every one of them and won't be afraid of my leg fat squishing together, or of sucking my guts in just before the lady snaps. Or of ruining the photo for everyone else in it.

I'm proud of me already. I can't wait to see how I feel in 13 weeks' time at the end of the 12WBT. I can't wait to see how I feel in 15 weeks' time on my birthday. I can't wait to see how I feel at Christmas time, at my UGW, not giving a toss what I'm wearing or what my family think of my weight. Weigh-ins like this give me motivation to keep going. I wonder how I'll feel when it starts to slow down?? Will I be as excited? Or will I be disappointed that I lost less?

No comments:

Post a Comment