Sunday 5 February 2012

A wishy-washy weekend

This weekend has been a battle, let me tell you!

Saturday I did no exercise, and ended up with a pizza and garlic bread for dinner. I was headed out the door to the supermarket when I turned the other way and walked to the pizza shop. I was going to make my own pizza, and after inputting everything into MyFitnessPal, I think I really just gave up. I don't know what happened.

I had spent the afternoon going through all of Mish's cookbooks and writing down which recipes I want to try. I'm a very fussy eater - I don't like fruit, yoghurt, and a lot of salad staples - so I need to get a lot of ideas to fall back on when these things are included in the menus I'm about to be provided. I have planned all my dinners for this week, and had written out my shopping list to buy everything I needed so there would be no excuses when I got home from work each night this week. I went to check the fridge to see if I had some of the items already in there, and got super pissed off because my housemate has filled the fridge with all of her food (she's doing the million kilo challenge and shopped for the week too). I'm fine with the fridge being full of healthy stuff, but it's not cool that I can't fit ANYTHING in there myself. We have a huge fridge - and in the year that we've been living together, the top two shelves have always been hers and the bottom two have always been mine. ALL FOUR shelves are filled with fruit and veggies (none of which have been touched this entire week, mind you) and there's no room for me to fit anything. Anyway, I cracked the sads and headed off to the pizza shop. I ended up not being able to eat the whole pizza like I planned (had the leftovers for lunch today) and was only over my calories by about 500, so not as bad as it could have been.

Today went a little better. I woke up with the intention of exercising like a demon, and I did. 1114 calories gone in two hours - C25K plus 90 minutes of treadmill. I'm going to stop and celebrate today's run, because I ran for the longest I have ever run in one go - 8 minutes. And I ran for 8 minutes TWICE. I think I did 8 minutes once before, but I certainly didn't go back for a second round. I'm scared, but also excited for my next run (which will be Wednesday) because I peeked ahead and it's 20 minutes, no break. I'm really glad I've committed to listening to this lady and promised myself to do everything that she says.

After my run/walk/sweat session, I came back home and had a look at the menu I had planned for this week. I had decided on Chicken Rice Paper Rolls for dinner tomorrow night, as I have Calisthenics (Yay!! It goes back tomorrow after 2 months off) and need something I can literally grab and eat in about 10 minutes, before I go to class. I also need it not to be too filling as we always start with a giant warm-up/stretch session and I feel sick if I've eaten anything heavy beforehand. I put together a shopping list for the ingredients I needed and headed out to the supermarket. Here comes win number two. I DIDN'T GO DOWN THE CHOCOLATE AISLE.

I got in, got my stuff, and got out. I bought enough ingredients for a double batch of the Rolls, so I could make and freeze lots of them for Monday nights for the next few weeks. I spent the afternoon making them (it really only took about an hour from start to finish and I had no idea what was going on half the time... so tricky until you get the hang of the Rice Paper) and I ended up making 18 rolls, rather than the 12 that the recipe called for. So I now have 6 weeks worth of Monday night dinners ready to go. Awesome!

Sunday was a LOT better than Saturday.

I also experienced crazy toilet action all night last night, after eating that pizza and garlic bread. A lesson to myself that food like that is not good for me. My tastebuds certainly enjoyed it, but my digestive system definitely did not. The leftovers went okay today at lunchtime, but I won't be in a hurry to repeat that session for a very long time. I can't afford that much toilet paper!!

When I total up the calories for the weekend, I've come out about 500 calories in front. Given that it's the weekend, according to Mish's plan, I should be 1000 calories in front, so it wasn't a complete waste. I don't want to think about 'making up' the calories I've missed, because I don't want to be constantly chasing a specific number. I am, however, committing to burning 3500 calories from Monday to Sunday this week. It's what I am going to be expected to do the week after when the 'real stuff' begins, and I need to set it as my target for this week to know that I am capable. If I average out my burns for January, I did complete this, but I want to make it more consistent from now on. Rather than having a couple of rest days and a couple of 1000 calorie burns, I want to make it 500 per day. I'm not sure what my plans are boyfriend-wise this week, but next week we have our six month anniversary AND Valentine's Day so there needs to be NO EXCUSE why I can't get my calories burned.

I need to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment