Wednesday 6 February 2013

When you make a plan...

... and you commit to that plan, you really can't back out, can you?

I'm training for this 50km walk (less than 4 weeks to go!) and we had a 15km walk marked in for tonight after work. But it's 36 degrees! What do we do?

We chill our water, we bring icy-pole money, we sunscreen it up, and we just bloody go!

It was hot. It was sweaty. My legs were heavy and sore from my first night back at Calisthenics on Monday night. It was actually amazing. That Calippo at 11km was the best thing I've ever eaten (until the two-minute noodles with kecap manis and tuna when I got home!) and by the end of it our fingers were all swollen. My hands looked like Huey's! Oh, good old Sausage Fingers.

It makes you appreciate your body for what it can do in the face of adversity. My body is amazing me every day with what I put it through. I really need to start thinking a little bit more about some of the things I'm asking it to do - most of them are good things, but a lot of the time I feed it crap and expect it to be a mean machine. Food is fuel. Sometimes, it's fun fuel, but it's fuel nonetheless. Must remember that!

No comments:

Post a Comment