Wednesday 27 February 2013

So excited!!!

I can hardly contain myself! I packed last night, and am about to go to bed.... because TOMORROW I GO TO SYDNEY!!! I have to work a half day, then we get a cab to the airport, pick up our bus, head out for dinner (carb-loading meal of pasta! yum!) and plan to be in bed by 9pm.

We have to be at the registration table at 6:30am, to be ready to walk at 7:30am, for about 14 hours. This afternoon I made my last supply stop for bandaids, electrolytes, and a head torch. I've got all my snacks packed and ready to go - the only food I haven't got yet is my peanut butter sandwiches which my support crew will be preparing with fresh white bread on the morning of our walk, while we're walking, before we meet them at lunch time.

I am SO SCARED and SO EXCITED I cannot decide which one is bigger.

I know I can do this.

I cannot wait for 10pm Friday night, when I can sit in my hotel room and write a big "F*ck You" on my Facebook status to all of those people who looked at a fat girl and thought she couldn't do it. To all of those people who looked at a fat girl and thought she was unfit. To all of those people who looked at the guidelines for this walk (that stated 'obese participants should seriously consider their fitness before undertaking this trek') and thought that I would be the one quitting this before I got there.

I have been training for this for the last 3 years, physically and mentally. I have needed something big to work towards, and this walk has come at exactly the right time. In the last two months I have walked over 175km in preparation. I've worn holes in 5 pairs of leggings, and had to replace about 5 pairs of socks. I've purchased a new pair of shoes and nearly walked out their lifespan.

I'm ready. Ready to be proud of myself and my achievements. Ready to prove to myself and everyone else that fat people ARE NOT a waste of life. That fat people can be fit people (even if they don't want to be fat people and will one day be thin, fit, people), and that thin people are not necessarily fit people. That it takes guts to do this.

I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment