Wednesday 3 April 2013

Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!

Nearly two weeks on Lite N Easy and I'm down almost 3kgs. That's pretty exciting for me, given my past year of seeing the scale go up or stay the same, rather than go down. I'm not doing more exercise, I'm just eating a lot better - both the foods that I'm eating and the portion sizes of those foods.

Why I like Lite N Easy:
- I don't think.
- I don't get tempted by supermarket specials, shiny packets, new things to try.
- Variety. I might have 3 muffins in a week, but they are not the same flavour. I might have 3 salads in a week, but they're not the same ingredients. It's really hard to get bored.
- Dave is on board with it. He doesn't feel deprived, so I don't feel I'm depriving him, or that he's losing out because I'm being selfish. I also can't use him as an excuse to eat poorly.
- Options. 7 days. 5 days. Just dinner. Just breakfast and lunch. Whatever.

Why I don't like Lite N Easy:
- For the next xxx weeks/months, I won't be thinking. Which is fine while we're doing it, but harder when we 'quit'.
- I'm fussy. There are a lot of things I don't like and I'm finding out by logging my food on MFP that I'm eating around 1200 calories a day from the 1500 calorie plan. Some days are easier than others, but on the whole I'm not eating what I'm meant to. This means that every couple of weeks I'll order the larger calorie plan so there are some more snack options to spread throughout the next few weeks on days where I fall way short of the calorie expectation.
- There's no chocolate! Bahaha

I didn't want Dave to think I was pushing him into this, but he has really taken to it. It's opened up a couple of conversations that I haven't wanted to push him into, but am glad we're having. Talking about weight is a touchy subject with me, so I don't like to make other people uncomfortable by talking about their weight, but it's a conversation we needed to have, and will need to have regularly. We've both set weight goals and have discussed staying on Lite N Easy until we get there.

We also discussed 'off days' which we had on Saturday. After a week of much smaller than usual portion sizes and a small salad for lunch, both of us were quite hungry. We made the decision to go out for dinner, no holds barred. We went to Lazy Moe's which is well renowned for ridiculously huge portion sizes and both had a meal and shared the dessert. It was delicious, we were both stuffed to the gills and felt a little ill afterwards. We will need to do this every couple of weeks in order to stay on track. We can't stick to the plan every single day, but we need to stick to it most days.

I can handle that!

No comments:

Post a Comment