Wednesday 21 November 2012

A good couple of days!

Last time I wrote, I'd had a bad day, but ended with a good attitude. I'm pleased to report that I've resisted temptation MUCH more than usual these last few days. Here's a quick rundown:

Monday: TWILIGHT DAY!!
I got up and went to gym for an hour or so (walked there, did the prescribed workout, walked home) and burned my required calories. I'm over 100kg, so am meant to aim to burn between 600-1000 calories per day - and over 1000 on Saturdays. I did 633 on Monday, so was pretty happy with that. Then I spent the rest of the day on the couch, watching movies! I'm pretty stoked that I didn't eat and crap while sitting - that's usually the time I snack mindlessly.

Lunchtime rolled around and I started preparing my wrap (ham, cottage cheese and salad) and Dave shocked me by asking for one too! We both really enjoyed it and I conquered my fear of cucumber - just ate without thinking and actually surprised myself that it was tasty. I say 'fear' quite lightly as I don't actually fear certain foods, I just have it in my head that I don't eat them, and my body goes all funny (gag reflex kicks in with gusto!). One of my goals for this round is to try everything on the menu at least once so that I can say that I don't like things once I've actually EATEN them.

I made a tuna pasta bake for dinner. It wasn't 12WBT, but I had a much smaller serve than usual and enjoyed it. Our movie wasn't until 9:45 and we finished the four previous movies just in time to get to the cinema. I did have a choc top (saved my snack calories for THAT one) and also ate a lot more popcorn than I should have. Not a great start to the program, but I definitely thought about each handful of popcorn and stopped eating it before it was finished. I would usually just eat and eat until it is gone.

Tuesday:
Went very much to plan. I followed the 12WBT menu for lunch, had my two snacks, and had my own breakfast wrap creation (tortilla, turkey, capsicum, mushrooms and spinach). I teach a class on a Tuesday night (finish up in 2 weeks) so would usually go to Fasta Pasta straight from work to have dinner before class. It's on the other side of town so I have roughly an hour to waste after the drive out there before the class starts. Instead of Fasta Pasta, I packed a muesli bar/meal replacement type thing, and drove up the mountains to the 1000 stairs. I'd done them in 80 minutes with Mum on Saturday, so pushed myself to do it in the hour. I'm proud to announce that I did it! I was late to class (by 5 minutes! Bad Coach!) but am proud that I JFDI and squeezed an extra workout in. I had already done the toning day workout in the morning before work (super organised!!) and managed a total of 770 cals burned for the day, and a diet plan under 1200!!

Wednesday - Weigh In Wednesday!!
The Wednesday morning ritual - Wake Wee Weigh. I was pleased to see a loss on the scale (down to 110.8 from 112) of 1.2kg since last Wednesday. I wasn't expecting a loss with the giant sodium intake of a pizza and popcorn over the weekend, so I was excited! Imagine what may have been if I hadn't indulged...?

I walked around the lake before work (5km) but didn't push it as I am really sore from Tuesday's toning workout. I treated my lake walk as my meditation time, as I knew I would do my proper workout tonight at the gym. I was tempted a second time (same thing happened yesterday!) by my colleague who I have lunch with. She hadn't brought anything with her so we went to the cafe, but instead of just saying 'fuck it' and putting my lunch in the fridge to have tomorrow and buying some crap from the cafe (like I usually would) I stuck to my plan and had my 12WBT lunch both days. She said she'll probably do the same thing tomorrow but I'll be prepared then too! She also tried to offload the rest of her muffin on me during the afternoon. 'Old Kelly' would have gladly accepted the muffin and hoovered it straight away. 'No thanks' were the two hardest words to say, but they were accepted without question. Phew.

Did my prescribed workout at the gym tonight (with some extras and pushed myself so bloody hard!) and had a beautiful dinner (12WBT of course!!) and have finished up the day on a high. 823 cals burned, just over 1000 cals eaten. I might even indulge in a few of the lollies that Dave bought yesterday for dessert if I feel like it in the next hour or so. Part of me thinks it might not be worth it!

New menu plans and exercise are released in the morning... I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment