Thursday 22 November 2012

My new favourite day... Thursday!

Not because it's Toning Day, that's for sure. I must say I hate Toning Days. I much prefer Cardio Days! Partly because I get intimidated by the blokes in the free weights area (I feel like I'm in their way doing my 'girly weights') and partly because there's a trainer at the gym who trains about 6 people at a time and I can never use the equipment I want to use!

But I digress.... Thursdays are when the new plans are released!! I've sat here for the last hour working out my meal plan for next week. This week I stuck to the program and still have quite a lot of food left in the fridge - most recipes use a certain amount of 'something' and the 'something' only comes in a bigger container. So for next week's plan, I've adjusted the lunches to repeat so that I can use up ingredients, and also adjusted the dinners to use up the same sort of vegies. I've tried to keep a similar carb/protein ratio (replacing low carb high protein meals with similar) so that it still complements the exercise program. I've left a couple of meals on there that scare me so that I can still try them!

Today I slipped - I didn't stick to my plan and ended up buying lunch at the blasted cafe (although I made a good-ish choice there). I kinda made the decision early on so skipped my morning snack and then afterwards also skipped my afternoon snack. I have a vague idea of the calories that I ate and know it was definitely more than 300 so hoping the lack of snacks will compensate!! Then dinner we ended up eating a couple of meals that were already in the fridge that would have been thrown out tomorrow. I had a sensible portion size, but still probably went over for the day. I'm looking at it as one day. I'm not taking the 'free' meals on Saturday and have done extra exercise every day this week so in the grand scheme of things it's not going to be a big deal. It won't become a habit, I promise!!

Exercise went really well today. I did the Toning Day routine as prescribed and then went upstairs to the 'virtual training room' to do a 20 minute RPM class. My gym doesn't have classes - instead they have a 'virtual trainer' which is basically a projector set up in a room with mirrors, spin bikes, yoga mats and some small handweights and bars with weight plates. You pick the routine you want from the kiosk, and voila... class time!! I have never done RPM or spin in any form and found it REALLY hard. I wasn't able to get up out of the saddle for any part of the 20 minutes - not sure if it's the thigh burn from the two toning days this week but each time I tried my thighs were on fire. I will try again soon though - my heart rate got quite high regardless of whether I was doing what the trainer was doing. Mostly I just pedalled at speed and didn't do the upping and downing that was required...

And that's all! Nighty Night people...

1 comment: