Wednesday 28 November 2012

12745...

...that's how many steps I got in today.

9.

That's how many biscuits I ate at morning tea (WTF)

80.

That's how many grams of chocolate I managed to eat before I realised that I was doing it.

500.

That's how many grams I lost this week.

3.

That's how many times I did the 1000 stairs last night.

A couple of things to be proud of, a couple of things to not be so proud of. Days like this come and go in my life (and I'm sure in yours too) and are more often than not the norm. I struggle with 'being good', and with mindlessness.

Yesterday, I made the decision to do the stairs 3 times. The first time up I was all over it. Coming down was a breeze. The second time up, I wanted to stop, turn around, and go back. I didn't. Coming down was not so breezy. I made the decision about 3 steps from the bottom to just turn right back around and go for the third. I did it. It was hard, but not as hard as the second time. Coming down was harder than the previous two times. For some reason, coming down stairs is harder than going up them. My knees hate it.

Then I went to Fasta Pasta and ordered an entree takeaway ravioli. I ate half, put the other half in the fridge, and had it for lunch today. That's the first time I have EVER saved any of a meal. I always go back and eat the leftovers. Not yesterday!

Today, not so good. I mindlessly ate my way through a packet of biscuits because they were in my drawer at work and I opened the drawer and then I ate them. I don't know if I was hungry. Then I did the same thing while cooking dinner (roo pies. amazing!) - found myself hoeing into a mini block of chocolate and had eaten 1 and opened another before I realised what I was doing. Then I finished it (because I might as well, right).

I am extremely sore today after yesterday's efforts, so decided to skip the morning workout and go to gym tonight. Then on the way home from work, I decided I was still too sore, so skipped gym all together. After dinner though, it was still warm and light, and there wasn't much on TV, so I put my shoes on and went for a stroll. It was quite leisurely (5.5km in 1hr 10mins) and I really enjoyed the time alone with my music and my thoughts.

Today could have been worse. I could have eaten the rest of the chocolate (why do I even have it in the pantry?) and sat on the couch all night watching My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding (Royal Special... how could I miss that??). But I didn't.

JFDI

2 comments:

  1. There are some achievements in there to be so very very proud of. Saving your meal, that is huge, the fact you stopped yourself when eating the choc. The fact that you realized what you were doing and stopped it. Going for a walk, and OMG 3 times up the stairs. Amazing amazing amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, that is awesome. Three times on 1000 steps?!?! You are active and that counts for so much. The other not so great stuff might just be habit-driven. Don't beat yourself up so much... you are doing a an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete