Sunday 2 December 2012

Xmas Party Weekend... those dreaded 3 words..

This weekend is full of Xmas parties for me. Friday night I had my cali breakup for the year. Saturday night, work Xmas party. Sunday night, dinner at Mum's (not a Xmas theme, but a monthly things with my brothers, and their partners and kids).

How am I going to tackle this now that I'm 'on a diet'? One step at a time!!

Friday night, we were getting pizza and having a few drinks. I decided not to drink alcohol (I would be having enough at the work do the next night!), and had a scroll from Baker's Delight on the way over, so that I wouldn't be tempted to eat too much pizza. We had a great night just sitting and chatting, but only half the people turned up so the pre-ordered pizzas were sitting there at the end of the night. I took a whole one home...

I got home at 1:30am, and went straight to bed. I was exhausted after a long week of exercising hard, trying to eat well, and burning the candle at both ends a smidge. I woke up at 1:30pm on Saturday. Could not believe I'd slept for 12 hours!! Anyway, pizza for breakfast/lunch/brunch was not the best choice, but I ate it. And I enjoyed it.

Lee, my friend from work came over to get ready before the party. Last year we ate too early, got to the party and drank quite a bit very quickly so planned this year to eat just before we left. We got Maccas - and I was proud of myself. I was really not that hungry because of the pizza, so I only ate the burger and didn't force myself to eat the chips. Usually I would, so this is a big thing! I know Maccas is not a great choice either, but it's one of the times I knew I would be having it so had semi-planned for it.

We got to the party (at the aquarium, so beautiful!) and there was no bar. NO BAR. Just people walking around with food and drinks. The food people were definitely outnumbering the drink people so it was very hard to get a drink. I wasn't going to nibble, because I was drinking and had definitely had all my food calories for the day in that burger and pizza. I was practically following the drinks guy around all night just trying to get SOMETHING to drink (even the water/soft drink was scarce!)

I danced my little booty off. I never dance, but I got so caught up in everyone else's excitement that I just went off. I was wearing my fitbit, but forgot to check it before midnight when it ticked over, so have no idea if I made my 10,000 steps for the day by dancing. I'll find out on Monday when I get to work and sync it (the base station is at work) and see how I went.

I did skip my Super Saturday Session as I was sleeping and then needed to get ready. I feel bad about missing it, but not because I feel like I should feel guilty for missing a session. I actually feel like I let myself down because I'm really enjoying the exercise program and I need to do it. When I say 'enjoying', I mean 'hate while I'm doing it but feel amazing afterwards'. I am going to do it today, as soon as Lee gets here to pick up her stuff. She drove over, and was meant to be staying with us - but she picked up at the party and ended up staying somewhere else last night. As soon as she gets here, I'll be into the gym and then doing my shopping and cooking for next week. There are a few meals I'll be making ahead and I want to get this done before we leave to go to Mum's. I know we're having spaghetti with garlic bread for dinner, but I've asked Mum to have some green leaves there too so I can fill up on those. And I need to have a proper breakfast this morning as I'm feeling a bit seedy... Imagine what I would feel if I'd been able to get a drink more often!!

No comments:

Post a Comment