Wednesday 26 December 2012

I'm so glad I didn't waste my Christmas night!

Yesterday was strange. Lunch with the bf's crazy family (where lunch was served at 3:30pm!!). I'm so glad I made us breakfast before we left, as I was starving even then....

Anyhoo, after all that, we got home and I tackled the mountain of meat in the fridge. I used to cook about a month's worth of meals in advance and found it not only cheaper, but much better for me as there is always something in the freezer to reheat. Since I've moved in with Dave, the freezer has been in the garage and therefore hardly used.

I got him to bring it inside the other night and set about cleaning it and prepping it for filling. It was ready on Sunday, but seeing as it was so hot I was NOT going to spend the day in the kitchen. I'd already done a huge shop on Saturday morning and needed to get everything cooked before it spoiled so when we got home last night, I set about making everything.

Two hours later, and I was so impressed with my efforts. For Dave, I made Chicken Cacciatore, Honey Mustard Chicken, Mongolian Beef, and Butter Chicken. For myself, I made girly portions (Mish approved!) of Satay Chicken, Beef Stroganoff, and Mongolian Chicken. I had made a Lasagne and Spaghetti on Saturday so all in all our freezer is packed with portion sized lunches for the both of us for about a month.

For roughly $150.

And four-ish hours of my time (two for the lasagne, two for all the rest!).

The organisation is coming back, and this is going to be the key to success in the future. No more going to the cafe 4 times a week for lunch. No more.

I also ordered a new diary for next year, which should hopefully come in the next few days (or early 2013).It's a goals planner and diary all in one, with little tidbits of inspiration dotted throughout. I'm really hoping that it helps me to keep on track. The google calendar just isn't cutting it right now - I can't see everything that I need to see in one go.

No comments:

Post a Comment