Thursday 13 December 2012

Where I am going wrong.

So the last two weeks have been pretty shit. The first two weeks of 12WBT I was all over the plan. Working out meals, shopping for them, setting aside time for workouts and just getting it all done.

And now I'm not.

I barely planned this week's food, and have not stuck to the meagre plan that I had made up. I'm making excuses to not exercise. I'm letting myself eat crap all day.

It's not okay.

So tonight, I've sat down and planned next week's meals. I've got my exercise times locked in as reminders on my phone, and I WILL get out and at least walk for 10 minutes of each hour morning and night. Although I've set aside two hours each day for exercise, I know that I won't necessarily get two hours worth of stuff done. Two hours each day is too much. But two hours set aside each day is plenty of time to get the workout in.

Shopping time is set aside on Saturday for next week's meals. Sunday is a busy day and I know I won't get much done in the kitchen so Saturday it is. Meals that I can precook will be in the fridge and freezer on Saturday night.

I know that I probably will not lose weight this next weigh in. The week after is GOING TO BLOW EVERYTHING OUT OF THE WATER.

I have not met my 4 week goal of losing 5kg. I have, however, met my goal of running 500m without stopping. In fact, I've run 4.5km without stopping TWICE. I've now changed my running goals to run further and faster.

3 months - run 5km in under 45 minutes (Feb 4 2013)
6 months - run 7km in under 60 minutes (May 4 2013)
12 months - run 10km in under 60 minutes (Nov 4 2013)

What have I learned from my 2-week trip off the wagon?
Plan.
Focus on the positive in EVERY situation.
Plan.
Goals are made to be smashed.
Plan.
And plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment