Friday 7 December 2012

It's Friday!!!

And usually that would mean pizza on the couch, possibly a Cruiser or two, some munchies, a movie.

Tonight, I got home from work, walked 10km, made a quick chicken pasta and am now sitting on the couch watching Black Swan. Sans munchies. I've even put the leftover pasta in the fridge already so I won't eat it. I might go for a bowl of icecream a bit later if I feel like something sweet but right now I'm feeling pretty satisfied.

I have a confession to make. I didn't go to the gym the other night like I said I would. I didn't go yesterday either. I did, however, do most of the 'at home' exercises yesterday so I feel better about not going to gym. And I'm doing them tonight too, because the Core/Flexibility part of the program is the same at home as it is at the gym. Last night I went for a walk as well - only 5km though, and more for my sanity than anything else. I didn't take my HRM, I just took my iPod and went.

I think too much. I analyse too much. Sometimes I get so caught up in the numbers, the reps, the program and I don't do things just for me. The last few days have been really tough mentally for me - I'm struggling with the pressure I put on myself to succeed and am therefore failing. So I took a little break. And I really feel so much better about the whole thing now! A bit more relaxed, more committed to putting in the hard yards and taking however long it takes to get this done, rather than going all gung-ho and burning out too quickly. I ALWAYS do this. Too much, too quickly and then give up. Well, this time it's taken me over 2 years already. It'll probably take another year or so, but I'll get there.

Just watch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment