Tuesday 4 December 2012

Hello, my friend.

My friend is visiting. She comes once a month, and makes me into a completely different person. I want to eat everything made of sugar. I want to sit on the couch with a blanket and a hot water bottle and not move for a week.

I'm trying really hard to not let this month's visit go like all the others. I'm trying to change my 'normal'. This morning I woke up and decided that I wasn't walking around the lake, like I usually do. I did it yesterday. I'll do it tomorrow. I'll go to the gym and do the toning workout tonight. I don't need to do it. I got dressed, prepared my breakfast and lunch, and packed my bag with my work clothes. Then I realised I'd gotten dressed in my workout gear without even realising. It was fate!

I dropped the boy at work, drove to the lake and had a lovely 45 minute walk around it. I enjoyed the time with the sunshine, watching the rowers on the lake learn the ropes. I smiled at all of the oldies and regulars on the way around. I didn't even wear my HRM - this walk wasn't a workout, it was some 'me' time. I still went to the gym tonight and did the prescribed workout - burned 300 calories (stayed an extra 10 minutes and did some intervals on the treadmill before my stretches), and came home and cooked a lovely dinner (12WBT recipe - Satay Chicken - was divine!).

Now I'm heading off to bed. At 9:30. Because I'm that cool.

PS - I'm running the lake tomorrow morning. I did it on Friday, and I did it on Monday (yesterday), so I'll do it tomorrow. Friday's time was 51 minutes, Monday 46 minutes. Averaged speed on Friday was 5.6km/h, Monday was 6.1km/h. I don't have a goal in mind for tomorrow's run, but I want to run the whole way (again) and I know I will do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment