Monday 31 December 2012

2012 - The year of ME!

I declared 2012 the year of ME.

So what did I do for me this year?

I spent time with me. I spent time working out what I want. I spent time exercising, eating, drinking, loving.

The other day, I looked at my byline  - the year of ME - and thought 'Well, that didn't work!'. I didn't lose weight, I didn't achieve my goal. But then I sat back and thought about what I HAVE achieved this year. What went right, rather than what went wrong. It's amazing what you see when you look for the positives!

I got myself a better job. I looked at what I loved about my job, and what I didn't love so much. I proposed a new position for myself, and it worked.

I moved in with Dave. We're in such an awesome place in our relationship, just coasting along with no worries in the world... except what to have for dinner and who's going to be the first one out of bed in the morning. Two very tough, daily decisions!!

I ran. I run. I'm a runner. I have never been a runner. I've run on more than one occasion in 2012, and I've run a few times for more than 20 minutes at a time. I think that makes me a runner. Doesn't it? Apart from the breathing thing, I really enjoy it. The treadmill is a lot easier, but outside is so much nicer!! I'm sure the more I do it, I'll sort out the breathing thing and then it'll all be sweet. Probably not until after the walk though - most of my training will be walking, not running (except the interval parts!) and I'll be clocking up the kms in preparation. After March 1st, though, watch out world!

I'm cooking healthier food for the both of us. Not 100% of the time, probably more like 80% of the time, but it's an improvement. 12WBT is giving me more recipes, more ideas, and most importantly, a love of fresh, healthy food.

So what is 2013 going to look like for me? 2013 is going to be the year of MY HEALTH. Looking forward, not looking back. Not depriving myself, but not giving in to the cravings, or the habits, EVERY time. Today, I ate some dark chocolate. It tasted like shit. Give me Cadbury Dairy Milk any day (not every day!). If I have it every so often, so be it. Reducing my carb intake (this includes the big one... sugar) is the key to successful weight loss, for me. I'm going to continue to log my food on MFP, and keep a close eye on the carb/sugar numbers.

So, the vague plan is this:
-Less carbs (not zero, but lower than usual!)
-More exercise
-Stick to 12WBT exercise program and include running.
-Stick to lower calorie eating
-Try not to splurge as much as 2012 - all of my hard work in the exercise department was completely negated by my contribution to keeping Cadbury in business.

Thanks for a great year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment