Thursday 27 December 2012

A little bit of positivity.

Today, I did some good things.

- I resisted a lot of chocolate stashed in my drawer at work. Not all of it, but most of it. I stopped at 2 squares of Black Forest chocolate and a few mint truffles. There is literally 4 blocks of various Cadbury flavours and now a box of Mars favourites. I find it easier to keep this sh*t at work, because I am very conscious of my workmates judging me for eating it. It's much easier to sneak it at home or in the car, so I don't have access to it there. I can always wait until I get to work to have chocolate if needed.

- I ran for about 20 minutes of a 40 minute stint on the treadmill tonight. 10 minutes at 7.5km/h, and then some stints at 8, 9, 10 and 12km/h. It felt good!! I also did a bit of elliptical and some stretching... and a headstand!!

- I actually went to the gym today. It's been a while (at least a week, possibly two) so it was good to get back in there. Planning on going back tomorrow, funnily enough.

- I cooked a fairly healthy dinner. Chicken stir fry with hokkien noodles. I really wanted to pick up Noodle Box on the way home from the gym - so I was glad I had all the ingredients waiting at home. Ten minutes later and I had a healthy stir-fry for a fraction of the calories (mainly because I would eat the whole box of Noodle Box and I preportioned the dinner into containers and our bowls). I've just finished, and it was delicious! A little more calories than Mish would prefer, but all in all a good choice. I'm still over in my calories today because of the chocolate, but I made good choices in the afternoon.

- I drank 2 litres of water today. I've really struggled with that the last two weeks, so it was good to get back on the water wagon.

I also received in the post my diary for 2013. It's made by a Melbourne company and is a mixture of a goals planner and a daily planner, with little bits of inspiration and a few little reminders to stay on track. I'm excited to start filling it in with all of my stuff, seeing as my google calendar hasn't really been working for me lately.

Anyhoo, that's my news... what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment