Sunday 25 November 2012

Week 1 is done!

Reflecting back on Week 1, I'm pretty positive! Sure, there were some days that didn't go according to plan, but isn't that what we call life? Life barely goes to plan!

Friday was a bit of a write-off - I walked/ran the lake in the morning (regular sate with Albert.. he never lets me down!) and then worked. After work I picked Dave up and we headed over the other side of town for an 18th birthday dinner. One of the kids I babysat regularly since he was born (he's one of four, and the youngest is my godson) turned 18 a week or so ago (OMG I'm so old!!) and invited me to his birthday dinner. I was stoked - Mum didn't even get an invite and she still sees him twice a week with church stuff - so I must be pretty special to him! I probably didn't choose very wisely off the menu (Nasi Goreng) and then Dave surprised me with a giant slice of chocolate mousse cake because I'd 'been so good all week'. I couldn't stop eating the Nasi, but did manage to only eat about a third of the mousse cake which was delicious, but I knew I shouldn't eat too much of it. I sent the plate down the kids end of the table as soon as I had decided not to eat any more and it was demolished within about 3 minutes. So glad I did that - I know I would have picked at it for the rest of the night!

Saturday I supervised a coaching course for Cali. I did stop in at Maccas for brekky (hadn't got up early enough to cook the Mish approved bacon and egg wrap) and didn't get a chance to eat lunch so that was a bit of a disaster.

I made up for it today though!! Smashed out my SSS - started with Friday's workout and just kept going through Saturday so I haven't technically missed any workouts this week!! Yay! I only burned 850 cals in the 2.5 hours though - I was shattered... Looking back now, a few hours later, I don't think I could have given it any more than I did. I spent an extra 30 minutes on the treadmill at the end but really had nothing left in the tank so if I had have stayed longer, it would have been a waste.

Before gym, I went to Highpoint to find a dress for my work Xmas party next weekend (Biggest Red Flag Day EVER!). I went straight to City Chic, picked a few dresses and tried them on. I was stoked that some were too big (ended up in size Small in every style) and for the first time in my life, had to decide not between just whatever fitted, but between which ones I actually liked more!! I came home with a nice blue number for the Xmas party and a pretty floral scrap of material for my family's annual Xmas picnic. Let's not discuss the damage to my bank account? Yeah, skipped that bit with Dave too. Haha. Last year's Xmas party dress was from there as well, but next year's will not be! I won't fit!

Cheers to shopping in a 'normal' shop for clothes soon...

xx

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you, wonderful wonderful effort, life does get it the way sometimes, so being able to be flexible and work around it is what we need to be able to do.

    ReplyDelete