Saturday 12 October 2013

Another day, another shake (or two!)

Today went well - sleep in, shakes for breakky and lunch, big walk in the evening (Loving Daylight Savings!!) and a sensible dinner.

This was Prawn Stir Fry that I made up tonight - small amount of noodles and bucketloads of bean shoots that I think take on a noodley kinda role in a dish like this. The sauce was a mixture of sweet chilli, hoisin, kecap manis and oyster sauce - I had lots of half jars and bottles in the fridge and couldn't decide on the flavour so I just chucked them all in. Turns out there was a little too much chilli, but I'll fix that next time :)

The good news is I made 3 portions, so no cooking tomorrow night. I'm not home Monday nights, but I will take it to work to have for lunch on Monday and make lunch my 'food' meal and have a shake for dinner between classes. I teach from 4:30-6:30 and then have my own class from 7-10 so that half hour isn't really enough time to organise a proper dinner, and if I don't eat, I know I'll end up at Maccas like I have every Monday since February.

I kinda fell over and landed on a Honeycomb Maxibon after dinner. Well... ok... I didn't fall on it, I got it from the freezer... There are no excuses. I wanted an icecream, it was there, I had it. I'm still WAYYY under my calories for the day thanks to the shakes and the walk, and I don't feel one bit guilty. Guilt is something I no longer wish to feel about food. The shakes allow me to have the occasional splurge - I just need to not make it a regular thing (once or twice a week should be fine!).

No comments:

Post a Comment