Sunday 20 October 2013

The week that was.

To be brutally honest, it was shit. The positivity that I had last Sunday up and left, and I've been in a funk all week. I've eaten whatever the hell I've wanted, even crammed things in when I felt physically sick. I'm chalking it all up to the visit from my monthly friend that I have been avoiding the past few months (thankyou, hormones in a foil pack!) but really felt like I needed to have.

That's over now, but I'm not sure that the funk is. I'm feeling really anxious about my wedding dress. I ordered it months ago, thankfully not too optimistically - in the size that I was when I tried it on. I only have to lose one inch around my waist (it's the only REALLY fitted part of the dress) and if I squeeze the tape measure, I'm there. I just don't want to turn up at the fitting in a few short weeks and have the dress not fit at all, and I don't know how to reassure myself that everything will be fine. 

My mum has always made clothes for me, or I've had clothes in the cupboard that I want to wear for a specific occasion. Every few weeks, I try them on - see how I'm going, see what changes (if any) will need to be made. I can't in this instance, as the dress won't arrive from the dressmaker until the day before my first fitting. I don't know what the hell I'll do if it doesn't fit, and I'll be devastated if it doesn't. What a waste of money (and a stress to find something that DOES fit).

I dunno what the answer is, but I have to be patient. I cannot do anything until it arrives at the end of November. That's 4 more weeks (5, really) of me pfaffing about. I'm lost...

No comments:

Post a Comment