Sunday 13 October 2013

Sunday Funday?

Depends what you call 'FUN', but I sure had a great day today. I started off laaaaazzzzyyy by getting out of bed at about 10am. We had a 1st birthday party to go to and needed to leave around 11, so we just bummed around on Facebook and such until it was time to go.

I had left my morning shake out on purpose, thinking that if I had a shake just before we left I'd be less likely to eat too much at the party - we were promised party food, soft drink, and a sausage sizzle. And cake. So I shook, and I quite enjoyed it. We got to the party venue to find no-one there. A quick check of my text messages and I realised we were an hour early. Oops!! I suggested going for a short walk just as the heavens opened, so we shelved that idea and stayed in the car playing Candy Crush until it was party time.

I had a sausage - is there anything better than a sausage in fresh white bread with a smothering of tomato sauce? I think no! Before I knew it, it was cake time, and I had a slice. I figured I'd passed up two cakes at work last week, and skipped on all the party food except the sausage, so I was putting all my excuses and reasons in a bag and eating the bloody cake. It was delicious - chocolate mud cake with fondant icing. A few minutes later, I was in a sugar coma...

We got home at about 4, and I got changed and headed to the gym. 90 minutes on the treadmill, with a few running and jogging spurts, and 30 minutes of upper body strength training, and it was time to go home. I mostly stayed at the gym so long because I knew I'd want to eat as soon as I got home, and any time before 6 was not going to bode well for the rest of the evening. Prawn Stir Fry was delicious, once again.

I'd been needing to burn some CDs for cali for a few weeks and really needed to get them done for tomorrow night, but we didn't have any blank ones at home so I had to go back out. I hit Coles and got CDs and suddenly realised there was also a bag of Natural Confectionery Jelly Babies in my hand as well, as I was walking back to the car. I ripped open the packet like the sugar fiend I am, and then realised what I was doing. Checking the label, I found that one serving is 5 babies. 5 babies? Ok, count out 5 and put the rest away. Check. Eat said babies. Check. Eat 5 more. Check. WTF ARE YOU DOING??? STOP!!!

Bag away, I was home. Logged everything into MFP, silent high-5 for the 15k step day according to Fitbit. Silent scolding for lollies, but pat on the back for stopping and not eating the whole packet on the 4 minute drive home. Lollies were nice, and I'm sure I'll appreciate them more each day as I count out 5 and enjoy them in my own time. Sugar free ain't me!

What's the plan for this week? Well, I have a few more days' worth of the 'Rapid' shakes, and to be honest, I'm not as hungry as I was the first few days. I'm going to keep it up, making sure I have ready access to the snack and meal replacement bars at work as well to mix it up a bit. Once the 'Rapid' shakes are gone, there are about 10 days' worth of the 'Trim' shakes and I'm 90% sure I'm going to complete the 17 days. I cannot be as restrictive as the program prescribes, because I'll just throw it all in. I know me. But I will keep at it, continue to make delicious stir fries for dinner, and continue to say no MOST of the time to treats.

I read somewhere that time will pass regardless of how you spend it, so make the most of what you have. I'm not an 'all-in-gung-ho-get-it-done' kinda girl, but I am a 'give-it-your-best-and-get-it-done-most-of-the-time' kinda girl. Right now, that's all I'm asking of myself. It's working, I'm in a positive mindset, and that's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment