Wednesday 9 October 2013

My 17 day 'shakesperiment'.

So today was the first day of my 17 day 'shakesperiment'. After receiving my shit in the mail yesterday and reading through the guidelines of the 'program' I decided to turn this into an experiment. I'm going to document how I feel - both hunger wise and my mood. Side effects seem to include irritability, crankiness, moodiness, dizziness, nausea and hunger. Sounds like fun, hey?

I thought I'd be able to have LnE dinners, but the program is essentially low carb, and dinner is suggested to consist of meat and veg - with little to no carbs. Most of the LnE dinners contain a high carb content, so they're out. I'll be buying some chicken breasts and steaks/marinated meats and cooking them on the George Forman Grill along with some steamed veg. Tonight, of course, is Pizza night, so I'm having a small one as a last hurrah.

I have enough powder to make shakes for the first 7 days of the 'Rapid' phase - 3 shakes a day plus dinner, no snacks. Then, I have enough of the 'Trim' shakes and snacks for a further 10 days of the next (you guessed it, Trim) phase where breakky and lunch are a shake or meal replacement bar and the snacks are a smaller meal replacement bar twice daily. The 'sensible' dinner is also recommended.

I was planning on not telling Dave, but I don't want to lie to him, so I told him tonight what I was doing. I was just going to order LnE and pretend I was eating it, but the dinner situation would prove difficult. I'm not that girl, who lies to her partner and sneaks around, so I told him that I want to do this, just for 3 weeks, to see what happens. He's not happy that I'm basically cutting out a whole food group (carbs) and to be honest I'm not sure that I'm thrilled about it either.

So why am I doing it?

I really want to know what it feels like to be on a low-carb diet. I'm 99% sure my body is going to react badly, but I'm also curious as to just how much weight I could lose in a few short weeks. I'm also curious what will happen in the following weeks - how much of the weight lost will return once carbs are re-introduced? How will my body react during the shakesperiment, and how will it react afterwards?

17 days to find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment