Wednesday 8 May 2013

100th post... better be awesome!!

I was trying to save my 100th post for my birthday, but Wednesday night is a great blogging night, and I couldn't help myself. This week has been wishy-washy, with a few wins, a few learning curves, and a few lightbulb moments.

Some wins:
- I weighed in this morning back at my two-weeks-ago-weight of 109.7kg, which makes me even with Dave-o who thought he snuck under me on his regular Monday morning weigh in. It's now Even Stevens, and a race to see who gets under 100 first. I'm putting my money on him (he's a guy and not going to be attacked by the period monster next week...) but am not going down without a fight.
-I checked in with 12WBT Preseason Tasks tonight - did my fitness test, and the first 6 tasks (excuses, kitchen cleanout, goal setting, etc) tonight after thinking about them for the last two weeks or so. I've decided on the 'Learn to Run' program which should set me up for the 10km and Half Marathon programs for the next two rounds. My goals revolve mostly around learning to run and then running A LOT, with a massive goal of a Half Marathon in 12 months time. Fingers crossed I'm ready early and can do it at Christmas time!

Some learning curves:
-I had dinner with a friend who has stacked on nearly 100kg in 12 months (I had LnE, she had WW, go us!!) and we sat there trying to work out how it gets out of control. We are both astounded at how we let ourselves mindlessly eat and then wake up one day huge not knowing how we got there. We have resolved to keep each other in check with daily emails and mini goals.
-I bought those Nature's Way Probiotic Choc Balls and realised my chocolate addiction is nowhere near under control. My insides are FULL of good bacteria as I scoff them down each night. They're almost gone, and I won't be buying them again. If I want the goodness of 10 tubs of yoghurt, I'm going to have to force 10 tubs of yoghurt down because this is NOT cool.

Some lightbulb moments:
-I don't like being fat. In fact, I love feeling my hipbones coming through, my collarbones coming through. Don't get me wrong, I don't want them to be seen or noticed as being prominent, but it's nice to know they're there and not hidden under layers and layers of fat.
-My boyfriend IS actually my biggest supporter. I didn't realise until he mentioned he felt bad for losing weight last week where I put on... but he has been so encouraging and supportive without being an arrogant wanker about everything. I really must appreciate that more!!
- I realised I hardly ever feel hunger. I feel thirst, and I feel cravings. But I don't often feel hunger. Stopping to ask myself 'do I NEED it or do I WANT it?' has led to many a missed chocolate bar/chip/muffin this week.

Next time you hear from me... I'll be THIRTY!! I can't wait... (note NO sarcasm... I'm actually pretty excited!)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment