Tuesday 14 May 2013

Putting myself first.

Today was my official Day 1 - I know the Round started yesterday, but to be honest I just couldn't after such a big weekend. My head was NOT in the right place to be starting anything new (hello... I caught myself after 20 minutes of not working just staring at my ring!). I also had planned, during my 'Get Organised' preseason task, that Mondays would be my rest day.

I have Cali on Mondays, so it's techincally not a 'rest', but I've noticed during my last 3 rounds that I use the Monday calisthenics as my 'cardio' session, but then feel like I've skipped a session and then just continue to miss sessions all week because I haven't 'started' properly that week.

I woke up this morning with determination (after last night's Cheeseburger and Large Fries from Maccas on the way home) to do something well. I packed a bag full of gym clothes, and headed off to work. Once my boss arrived, I informed him that as I'd started at 7am, I was leaving at 3pm. He's pretty good about that stuff, and I did leave at 3pm. I went to my old gym, did my 'Monday - Cardio' session of Interval Running, and then went about my business (cali coaching, home for dinner) like I would have if I'd left work at 5pm. I've decided that I need to put myself first. Not work. Not cali. Not television. ME.

I'm proud.

Then I got a phone call from the secretary at cali asking me to fill in for a coach who's sick at a class tomorrow night. Bugger. Will that throw my 'Tuesday - Toning' session out the window? Lord knows I won't do it when I get home at 10pm... but class doesn't start until 7:30, so yes, I will be repacking my bag for gym, leaving work at a reasonable hour, driving out to my old gym, and doing the session there. I've lined up Mum's microwave for a quick dinner, and then it'll be off to class.

No excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment