Thursday 16 May 2013

When the plans go to sh*t...

My last blog was so positive and then...

... Wednesday happened. On Wednesday, work didn't go so well. I wasn't able to leave on time, it was raining, traffic was hell, and I lost two hours or so in all that crap. I arrived at Mum and Dad's with just enough time to microwave my dinner (so proud that I didn't pull into one of the SEVEN McDonald's I pass on the way there...) and throw it down before heading off to take the class.

Class went really well, all the ladies were really nice and we had a blast. It's hard taking someone else's class because you don't have their vision for the item, you're trying to clarify with everyone what the choreography is meant to be, and you don't want to change anything too drastically for the coach who's work it actually is. We got some of the work cleaned up, but there are a lot of questions for the coach next week!

After class, I did end up at McDonald's for a Coke and a McFlurry. Certainly not the best choices, especially given I skipped the workout. I got home at 10pm, sorted the Lite N Easy order for next week, and fell into bed.

I woke up this morning and instantly didn't want to get out of bed. I did, however, get up, go to work, and start to formulate a plan to make up for the missed session. I can't believe I wasn't able to complete the SECOND session of the program. I'm pretty sure this was an example of an External Excuse beyond my control, so I was only concerned with making up for the lost session, not wallowing in how bad a person I was for not being perfect early on. I looked up the overview of the sessions for yesterday and today, and decided that as soon as I got home from work, I would change and head off to the gym to complete both sessions.

And I did exactly that! I messaged my boyfriend halfway through to put dinner in the oven, came home all sweaty and gross, had a shower, and sat down to a lovely dinner of Fisherman's Pie. I've just realised I didn't do the stretching though, so I'm going to be mighty sore in the morning. I'm ending today with 750 calories to spare, which kind of makes up for the 400 I was over yesterday, but not really. I'm trying not to think of it as 'making up' for missing a workout and eating an icecream, because sometimes life happens. I just need to put everything into my workouts for the next few days and keep the nutrition tight.

I was watching The Biggest Loser from this week, and one of the contestants didn't reach his desired weight loss last weigh-in, so Shannon changed his targets. They don't talk too much about the nitty-gritty on TBL, but Shannon mentioned that Brett was now on a strict 1000 calorie diet with expected expenditures of 800 calories, 3 sessions a day. That is a minimum burn of 2400 calories a day. This guy weighs 145kg. If that's the kind of work I need to put in (on such a low calorie intake) to lose a couple of kilos a week, I'm sorry, but I'm not prepared to do that!!!! I am prepared, however, to keep my calories to a reasonable intake every day, and work hard for the hour that I spend in the gym. I may not have a nutritionist, a personal trainer, and a psychologist on hand 24/7, but I DO have a food program tailor-made to be nutritionally balanced from LnE, a pretty awesome workout plan from Michelle Bridges, and a whole lot of support from people on Facebook and the 12WBT forums.

Anyway, when the plans go to sh*t, don't throw in the towel. Change the plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment