Saturday 18 May 2013

Never break a promise to yourself!

I usually make a lot of promises to myself - and very rarely keep them! Well, I decided this is going to change. They are usually based around missing exercise, eating sh*t food, and generally treating myself with respect. I have plans to exercise after work, then I get home and decide I won't. I have plans to eat well and then I drive through somewhere, or order something in, or end up in the supermarket.

No more. I am taking responsibility for my actions, owning my decisions, and accepting the consequences of these choices. If I eat like sh*t, so be it. If I miss a session, so be it. But when I promise myself that I will make up for it, I'll be damned if I don't. This week, I was crazy busy. I didn't end up exercising on Wednesday as plans changed. I didn't end up exercising on Friday as I simply couldn't be bothered. One was an excuse beyond my control, and one was an excuse completely based on bullsh*t. But both times, I promised myself that I would do double workouts the next day... and both Thursday and today, I did the bloody double workout. I think Friday's non-compliance was partly due to the fact that I had done the double workout on Thursday, so that's a lesson to be learned.

I don't know how I'm going to go tomorrow doing the SSS (Super Saturday Session) which I now do on Sundays due to my schedule, but I do know that I'll be getting out of bed by 9am, putting on my leggings and runners, and going to the gym. I'll complete the workout as written. I'll eat my LnE brekky before I head off, and I'll eat my LnE lunch when I get home. I'll do my best to pick ONE tasty treat at my friend's baby shower. Dinner is at the local Italian with Mum and Dad, and then one of my pupils has a competition that I have to attend. I'll be busy, but I won't be unprepared. I'll have snacks with me, but will try not to eat them because of the baby shower and the inevitable pasta at the Italian place.

Life happens - and this is my life. I kinda like it right now, although I would like a few spare moments to plan my wedding and trip to Canada to see my baby brother (who just turned 25!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment