Thursday 23 May 2013

Celebrating a little win!

Tonight, I'm celebrating a little win. Today, I've eaten only LnE, done the 12wbt prescribed workout, walked the recommended 10,000 steps, and drunk over 3 litres of water. 4 out of 4.

It won't always be easy to avoid temptation, and it wasn't exactly easy today. I ended up at the cafe, and the vending machine, with a coworker today. She offered to buy me something as I didn't bring my wallet either time. It was easy (but very hard at the same time) to say no, but I'm proud that I did.

This evening's workout called for a run - as long as I could. I managed 3 minutes, which I was very proud of. The challenge every week is to run, and last week was just under 2 minutes. To improve this much in a week is awesome for me! I'm still a long way from my goals, but that's why we set goals - so we have something to strive for. I've set some pretty ambitious goals for my one month milestone, and I probably won't meet them. At this point, I don't think it's that important that I meet them. It's more important that I strive to. It's more important that I turn up for training every day, keep a check on my food, and keep up the (mostly) positive outlook.

I'm enjoying the process right now. I'm enjoying my workouts, I'm enjoying the LnE food, I'm enjoying losing weight at a steady pace while allowing myself to enjoy a few meals outside 'the plan'. Some days are worse than others. Some days are a walk in the park. Some days I want to throw in the towel. Most days I just plod along and do my thing.

It's exciting, it's boring, it's exhilarating, it's tiring. It's life. And I'm pretty happy living it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment