Tuesday 21 May 2013

Running sucks.

Well, I suck at running, anyway. That's why I'm doing the 'Learn to Run' program for 12wbt this round. I want to love it, I just struggle to, seeing as every time I try, my lungs give out waaayyyy before my legs do.

So we're into week 2 of the program and so far I've done a couple of runs, but nothing to write home about. I enjoy interval running more than the 'see how far you can go in one try' running, mostly because there's an end point, and it's not very far away! I refuse to look further ahead in the program because I know that the intervals are going to increase in duration, and right now that won't work in my head, or my lungs!!

I did very well at the baby shower on Sunday, despite numerous plates of delicious pastries and cakes waved under my nose. I arrived to find some gorgeous cupcakes, which I immediately decided I was going to have one of. I timed my attack (10 minutes before home time) and spent the first two hours talking and laughing and playing silly games, rather than stuffing my face. The plan worked!

Monday was a different story, however, with a fundraising morning tea catching me unawares and a late night trip to Maccas after a long night at Cali. Weigh in tomorrow morning... stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. I am learning to enjoy intervals too. Funny as I always hated them.

    Cass @ http://12wbtwithme.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete