Sunday 26 May 2013

300 Push ups?

The challenge this week from the old Mish was 300 push ups by Sunday night. All week, I've been putting them off.

Monday was cali.
Tuesday was cardio day, and I forgot.
Wednesday was lower body day, and there were too many muscle guys in the gym so I didn't want to do 'girly' push ups near them.
Thursday was cardio day and I ruined myself on the running challenge.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday... There is no excuse...

It's now Sunday night, 9:30pm. What do I do? I have no choice. I've already missed 3 sessions this week. I probably won't make them up. Not probably. I won't. I'll be back at the gym on Tuesday night, but that's a few days away. So I mosey on up to the wall and start pushing. 50 at a time. 6 times. 300 done.

Next week's challenge is 600 step ups. 300 on each leg. I don't have a step here at home, so I'd better do them at the gym.

Let's not pretend this is easy. Let's not pretend I'm going to be perfect in the gym and perfect on the nutrition. But I can say that I'm committed to doing this, for however long it takes. Each slip up is going to mean it takes a bit longer. Mish said something in a video - that this will never end. We will always have to exercise. We will always have to watch what we eat. If we go back to our old habits, we'll end up where we were. I don't plan on going back to the 134kg me. EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment