Wednesday 18 January 2012

3 minutes seems an eternity...

... when you're attempting to run for the whole time!

The 'Get Running' app is what I am using for my C25K training. Essentially, it's an audio track where this lovely lady tells you when to walk and when to run, depending on where you're up to in the program. God, I hate that lady!! Her voice is so sweet, almost sickly sometimes. At the same time though, I cannot wait to hear her voice. When my music fades down and I hear her, I listen closely. Am I halfway yet? Are there still 30 long seconds to go? Please tell me I'm almost there!

And then she does, and I love her. Until she tells me that I have '30 seconds until your next run'. Then I hate her again.

Today's run took us into Day 1 of Week 3. Up until now, 90 seconds is the longest I've run. Today, Sickly Sweet English Lady tells me my 'short runs' will be a minute and a half and my 'longer runs' will be 3 minutes. 3 minutes is a really long time!!! I do like that she's quite encouraging though - at the end of the second (and last, thank God) 3 minute run she reminded me that I just ran three times what I had run just two short weeks ago. Kinda puts it into perspective. I'm dreading next week already as it bumps up to 3 minutes for a short run and 5 minutes for the long runs. Sickly Sweet English Lady assures me that it will get easier each run. I certainly hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment