Monday 16 January 2012

First Pre-season Task - Introduce yourself!

Today was the first day of pre-season and I was amazing until about 430pm. I ate well, I had exercise planned for the evening, I was going great guns. I had left work early to go to the doctor's (bloody pills... don't know why they don't just get automatically re-prescribed when you have no issues and just don't want to get pregnant) and then came home for about 20 minutes before heading of to teach a class to a lovely little girl and then have class of my own. That 20 minutes was a disaster. I had ice cream for dinner. ICE CREAM. Oh well, it's gone now, and the turkey shepherds pie I had planned is now tomorrow's lunch or dinner, so all is not lost. There was only about 300 calories of ice cream left, so I stayed under my calories for the day but ICE CREAM? What was I thinking?

I was thinking like the old me, that's what. Enough is enough. I'm seriously pissed at myself. At least I didn't pop over to the supermarket (which is literally across the road from my house, I can see it from my bedroom window) and get some chips and chocolate and make it a feast like the old days. I counted the calories and came to the realisation that I couldn't eat dinner.

Anyway.... Today's Pre-season task was to introduce myself on the 12WBT forums:

Hi Everyone!

I'm Kelly, I'm 28 and this is my first round of 12WBT. I was inspired to join by a family friend who did Round 3 last year and had fantastic results - she seemed super motivated for the whole program and that's what I'm excited about.

I don't have any kids, but I want them. I've recently met the most wonderful man who makes me happy about being me - I knew from the minute we met that we would be together forever, and five months later I feel the same way. It's now time for me to stop using my weight as an excuse to hold me back from the things I want - I've had a little taste of happiness and I want more! He is very supportive of me - even though he says I'm perfect as I am - and now I'm giving him an excuse to perve on other girls to tell me how skinny 'too skinny' is, and what we both think is a healthy body shape.

I've been on this journey for about 18 months already - using MyFitnessPal to track my calories and exercise, but have recently fallen into the trap of exercising just enough to earn some chocolate, and then swinging past the supermarket on the way home from the gym to buy and eat said chocolate. MFP suggests that you eat back the calories you earn from exercise, as they already calculate a defecit. For me, it's like telling a drug addict they can have just a little bit every day. I haven't lost any weight for the last 5 months so clearly that's not working for me. I read somewhere that you shouldn't reward yourself with food - you're not a dog. I don't treat my body as well as I should. I deserve more. 

I've given away (not lost... I don't want to find it again) 22kgs in the last 18 months. I need to give away another 40kgs to be in the healthy weight range for my height according the BMI. I can do it, I know I can. I just have to push my body to it's limits every day. Just in the last two weeks since signing up and joining a couple of Facebook groups I have done more than I ever thought was possible. I'm excited to go through preseason to prepare myself mentally for this challenge, and to go through the 12 weeks and prepare my body for the life it's going to lead for the next 80 years!

See you all around smile

Now that that is done, I'm going through everyone else's 'Introduce Yourself' posts and trying to find all the 'Kellys' so that we can be friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment