Tuesday 10 January 2012

The routine is in place!

So, my housemate and I decided on our routine. We do one day of upper body strength training (roughly 30 minutes of machines in the gym) as well as C25K program. Then one day of 1000 stairs. Rinse and repeat. We decided against doing leg strength training as we both have pretty strong legs from Calisthenics, and the stairs BURN our calves, butts and thighs so we figure they're getting good strength training from that alone.

We've been doing it for two weeks straight. I haven't taken a rest day, although I will need one soon as I can feel my body getting a little tired. I have a coaches conference coming up in about 10 days so will be taking 2 days off training that weekend, but I might throw in another rest day before then.

C25K is going well - we started week 2 yesterday which extends the minute of running from week 1 into 1:30. It was okay, but I'm dreading tomorrow. The last two runs were tough - although I did step up the speed on these two from my usual 7.5km/h to 8.5km/h and 9km/h. I might just bump them up to 8km/h tomorrow as my legs are pretty sore from the stairs tonight.

I had this crazy idea that we should do a 'double' - get back to the bottom of the stairs and turn around and go straight back up. Jac didn't take much convincing that this was a crazy/good plan and went with it. We stopped a couple of times the first time, and only one extra the second time. It was surprisingly easier than I thought - it was still a massive workout (822 cals total) and I did struggle a little towards the end - but I'm beginning to realise that my body can do a LOT more than I'm giving it credit for. I really need to start trusting that my legs can carry me, that my lungs can continue to provide the oxygen my body needs, and that my heart can pump fast enough to get the blood around to all those muscles in time.

I'm beginning to see that all this time, it was my head that was defeating me. I need to shut that bitch up and start telling her who's the boss, cause this kid doesn't wanna be the fat kid any more.

I've also picked my body-wannabe. The girl who has the body I want. Penny from The Big Bang Theory - she's got a butt (and let's face it, although mine is getting smaller, it's never gonna go away), she's got some nice tone in her arms... she just looks good. Not too skinny, but nowhere near fat. I've got the tick of approval from the boyfriend, so that's decided. Cheers to Penny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment